Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Exciting" New Feature

Person of Consequence, what did you do over the last six months?

Well... there's no kind way to put it.

I got fat.

You know the Freshman Fifteen? It's like that, only instead of being an 18 year old living on my own for the first time, I'm a 26 year old who should know better. Granted, there are mitigating circumstances, as there usually are in such cases. First, there was the lit theory comp exam in November, which cut down on running opportunities. Then I spent most of December struggling to breathe in a hostile environment that was trying to kill me. But hey, that's winter in Saskatchewan; I knew what I was signing up for. But again, not conditions amiable to fitness. And then when I got back, I was diagnosed with asthma, which precluded January and February running. All in all, it's been a long time. (Granted, my eating habits were not helping. An unfondness for cooking and a fondness for microwavables do not make for healthy eating.)

But that's behind me. I've got a clean (well, cleaner) bill of health, and I've been getting back into a routine. I'm not every day yet, but I'm doing better than every other day. So here's the new feature: I go for a run, I post my time and distance, and this will motivate me. Or give me an opportunity to brag. Or shame me. Or whatever. The point is, I'm doing it.

Today:
Distance: 11.9 km
Time: 1h, 8 min
Average speed: 10.5 km/hr.

Not too shabby. Or to use a different parlance: Booyah. The kid is back.

Later Days.

No comments: