Sunday, March 28, 2010

running--so, did we ever decide on the "running as separate post" issue?

Yesterday's Run:
Distance: 13.6 km
Time: 1 hr, 20 min. Sort of.
Speed: 10.2 km/h

The "sort of" qualifier is that at the half way point, I went for a 20 minute walk in the park. I saw of squirrels. It was nice. Given the distance of the walking path, you could add another 2.4 km onto the distance, and take the speed down another 2km/hr.

Next week will not be great for running opportunities. It's 5 degrees and raining right now, so, no, and I've got a GSA meeting on Monday, a general GSA meeting on Tuesday, SOMETHING on Wednesday that I can't remember for the life of me at the moment, though the realization will eventually hit me like a ton of bricks, and a friend's birthday on Thursday. On top of my regular stuff, it means little running. Well, unless I give up TV for a week or start getting up at 6. But really, what are the odds of that? And it's not just the running that's going to suffer. I don't when I'll find time to do my laundry this week--and that's going to hurt everyone near and close to me.

*EDIT: Wednesday is PhD Bowling Night. And we only have an event, like, once a year, so I really want to make it. And given this post and the last (which took about an hour and a half to write), the "no time to run" excuse is already wearing thin, isn't it?

Later Days.

No comments: