Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This Post Is Just Too Mainstream

Technically, the content posted here today could probably be refitted for a tweet or a facebook post, and would, pessimistically, reach a much larger audience in either case. But I haven't posted in a while, so....

A while back, I thought it might be fun to do a hipster meme / nerd thing mash-up.

"Dungeons & Dragons? I'm into Path Finder. You've probably never heard of it."

"I liked Game of Thrones before it became a TV series." (replace Game of Thrones with Walking Dead, as is your wont.)

The White Queen's new outfit in Uncanny X-Men is just so... gauche compared to the classic design."

"Call of Duty? Please. The shooter genre peaked with Gunsar Heroes."

It's when you look into the Foucauldian implications of religious dogma coupled with a military industrial complex that Battlestar Galactica really comes into its own."
And then I stopped, because I realized I was just describing myself, over and over again.

Later Days.

No comments: