Thursday, February 20, 2014

Weeeaaak sauce

Ok, I did have a very long blog post here about the role of Motorville in Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. But that turned into an idea bigger than I thought it would be, and I think I'd like to sit on that for a while longer. It might turn into a publication of some sort, and as such, I'd like to keep it in reserve. So instead... something shorter. I'm sorry about this--I absolutely don't think about the blog as a place to put my "b" material, but sometimes, I need to consider the best venue for the piece at hand. Medium is important. And then I started writing a sequel of sorts to the earlier Deep Space Nine post, but that got too long too, and so I've decided to finish/save it for tomorrow.

If nothing else, it's already proved the value of my "blog a day" exercise, as it's gotten some writing juices flowing.

So here's what I've got for today.
Here's what happened to me today, and happens on a regular basis:
Get out of the shower. Look at steam-covered mirror. Goddammit, Person of Consequence. Shave, THEN shower. The other way around doesn't work. You've had fifteen years to learn this lesson. Get it together.

The worst thing is, I'm so near-sighted, I need my glasses to do an accurate shave. So I'm staring through and at steam-covered glass.

Later Days.

No comments: